Thursday 24 September 2009

Plastic Bound Books

I am really sorry we haven't been posting. Actual comments from actual people have inspired us to actually get this blog off the ground. The holidays have been distracting, I guess that's why we've been absent. I'm going to The Royal Melbourne Show tomorrow and I am sooo excited. I'm like a three year old in that sense: I LOVE the Show. I've been every single year I can remember except for last year, when I was overseas. I can't wait for: show bags, rides, samples, lame police/fireman presentations, free crafty things, elmo, animals and basically everything else that goes with the show.
To update you to my(uber-lame) Bubble Struggle adventures, I beat level 45! Hurah! I'm now on level 58 and my sister's STILL stuck on 45, proving once again how much awesomer I am than her in every single way. Not to be nasty. But I win at life.
On Tuesday, my friend and I were in la citta and we went to Sticky. I case you don't know it, it's a store that sells heaps and heaps of zines (ie. little magazines that anyone can make). My friend found a super cool one called "Plastic Knife", so she bought Issue 1 and I bought the second. It's filled with random paragraphs of strange writing. For example:
"I have no interest in insects. However, I must concede, that Jewel Beetles have a reasonably well-developed power of sight in a short range."
Seriously, how cool is that. The best thing about zines is that often they're all individually detailed. For example, the second issue of "Plastic Knife" has a plastic knife stuck in the front. It has o be separately stuck on each copy. It's nice. Also, it was only three dollars. Affordability is always a plus. Anyway, I'm off now, and remember: It ain't simple to be cool, but it's cool to be simple ("The Boat That Rocked"),
Cat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment