Sunday 27 September 2009

Participation Because (of) Boredom

Yesterday there was the AFL grand final, which is a big moment in the year for all Aussies, especially Victorians.
I go for Carlton, so I didn't particularly mind who won.
I was sort of cheering for St. Kilda because they haven't won in so long and they were undefeated for ages this season.
They lost, and Nick Riewoldt was crying at the end. I felt so bad for them.
But I would have felt bad for whichever team that lost.
They have worked for this their whole year, they come so close, and yet they fail.
:(
But I guess you can be happy for the winners because it's the opposite.
Mm... my family had a barbeque for the final yesterday. It made me feel cool and Australian.
Not much makes me feel Australian.
Haha.

Today my friend Mia and I went on an attempter Puddle Jumping Adventure.
We miss when we were little and would splash around and get really dirty and nobody cared.
We also both have gumboots.
Unfortunately, despite our rain dance and other efforts, it refused to rain, and there were not many puddles.
But, we did find one court place that had rather big puddles, and then we found a creek and decided to walk through it.
We got soaked up to our waists, it was quite funny. But after a while we got cold and went back to my place, and then got hot chips.
There's nothing better than hot chips, when you're freezing.
Except perhaps a hot chocolate.
Also, my dog was with us when we went exploring the creek, and it was her first ever swimming lesson.
She didn't seem to like it that much, but she was adorable.
:)

Today was a good day.

Loz
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment