Sunday 4 October 2009

Persion Birthday Blues

Iam on the phone to Lauren and she is utterly amazing.
She told me not to write that, but you know what? I'm going to anyway. You wish you were as rebel as me.
So the terrible but inevitable has happened: school is back. A sarcastic "Hurrah" all round.
I always waste my holidays and weekends watching TV and don't do anything interesting. It was nice and relaxing though.
The worst bit is that daylight savings started yesterday/two nights ago, so when I got up an 6:45 for the first time in two weeks, it felt like 5:45. *Shudder*.
Of course the good thing about first day back is seeing your wonderful freindsies again. Also you usually don't get much homework. An unsarcastic "Hurrah" for that!

Some very exciting things happened towards the end of the holidays.
On Saturday (a fabulous day if ever there was one) my sister's friend had a garage sale that she helped out with.
There I was, innocently dropping off my sister at the gate, and there it was, like fate.
A beautiful, vintage, magenta coloured typewriter. Glorious, it was, glorious.
At first I left it, and my mum and I went off to visit my grandma, but as I sat, drinking coffee, I heard the typewriter, calling to me.
Not literally, because I'm sane, but I really wanted this typewriter.
So I called my sister and told her to hide the typewriter ("NOW!" I screamed) so that no one would find it.
So out went my mother later that day- over the hills and far away- to pick up my sister from the garage sale.
There I sat, anxiously on the couch, not moving a muscle until I heard the noise of the keys in the door and in they walked: Mum, my sister and Susand (that's what I named the typewriter).
I'm so happy right now!
Cat xx

1 comment:

  1. heyy
    Typewriters are so vintage and cool — I really want one. Lucky.
    I love daylight saving because it gives you added daylight hours.
    =P

    ReplyDelete